Charlie graduated with a Masters of Physiotherapy Practice from La Trobe University. She also holds Bachelor’s degree with honours in Exercise and Health from The University of Western Australia and a Diploma of Remedial Massage.
Charlie has worked at several private practices around Melbourne. During this time, she has developed a strong clinical interest in the assessment and treatment of low back and neck pain. She is keen to get people pain-free and back to their daily activities as soon as possible. Charlie also has an interest in hip and knee pain.
Over the past two years, she has furthered her experience in women’s health, orthopaedics, neurological and cardiac rehabilitation and community health. She enjoys working with clients from all different cultures and strives to help her clients to achieve their goals.
In addition, Charlie has an interest in sports physiotherapy. She has worked as a sport’s trainer for an amateur AFL team and completed a remedial massage internship at the Victorian Institute of Sport. She is keen to continue developing her interest in this field.
Charlie’s additional training includes clinical Pilates, functional training and McKenzie based rehabilitation. She enjoys facilitating the transition from acute injury management to more challenging activities, such as work and high-level sport.
Outside of physiotherapy, Charlie loves eating out, travelling, playing piano and salsa dancing.
Charlie’s primary interests include:
- Assessment and treatment of low back pain and facilitating long-term management of ongoing issues
- Management of posture-related neck pain and headaches
- Prescription of individualised functional exercise programmes and clinical Pilates instruction for acute injury management, long-standing aches & pains, and for general fitness
- Assessment and treatment of shoulder and knee pain
- Real-time ultrasound imaging of core muscles in conjunction with a progressive rehabilitation programme
- Running analysis and technique advice including liaison with local podiatrists for footwear advice
- Providing a holistic approach to all treatments for optimal function and wellbeing, as well as preventative strategies against future recurrences of pain