At the Physiotherapy, Pilates & Health Centre we are experts at designing exercise programs with a full understanding of your particular injuries. Not only are we Physiotherapists, but most of us are also Personal Trainers and Clinical Pilates instructors. Therefore we can provide you with a highly specialised and unique service. This is ideal for those who want to start or modify an exercise program but may need more attention for reasons such as: athletes returning to high level sport; those with a recent or ongoing injury; mums recovering after baby; having a chronic medical or pain condition; and, those that simply want tailored exercise and fitness programs that is challenging yet effective and safe.
Our fitness training program includes:
- An initial exercise assessment where we obtain a detailed history of your goals, injuries, medical conditions and exercise level.
- Assessment of your injuries or movement patterns to establish whether your program needs to be modified or include specific elements of rehabilitation.
- Closely supervised technique sessions in clinic with transition to the gym or your home either with a trainer or independently once you are ready.
- The production of a well structured and goal-directed exercise program for you to keep. For example this may be in the form of a fitball and weights program for home.
Ongoing monitoring and modification of your program as you improve for optimal outcome.
Benefits of Exercise:
Some of the benefits of exercise programs for you:
- Improve cardiovascular fitness and pulmonary function
- Management/Loss of weight
- Improve core muscle strength and endurance
- Improve balance and body awareness
- Increase muscle strength and power
- Promote ideal posture and movement patterns
Optimise joint stability and/or mobility
- Reduce cholesterol
- Improve bone density
- Boost energy levels
- Improve sleep quality and concentration
- Improve body image
- Improve mood and manage stress